Arlo is a US home automation company that makes a range of security cameras, lights and more recently, doorbells. Most of it’s signature devices play nicely with smart home assistants and in this guide we’ll share all of the commands for Alexa.
Arlo Alexa Skill
It only has a 2 star rating after more than 1,200 reviews with most users citing frequent issues connecting their devices and poor customer support.
The Arlo skill is compatible with the following devices:
- Arlo Cameras (Ultra, Pro, Pro 2, Wire-free, Q & Q Plus, Go and baby)
- Arlo Doorbells (Audio and Video versions)
- Arlo Security Light
There are also a few commands that work with the Arlo Smart Hub as shared at the end.
Alexa Commands for Arlo
Here is a full list of Alexa commands for Arlo products
Alexa Commands for Arlo Cameras
- “Alexa, show me [camera name]” – Start streaming live view from camera
- “Alexa, hide [camera name]” – Stop streaming live view from camera
- “Alexa, show the last motion detected by [camera name]”
- “Alexa, stop Arlo” – Stop any activity and return to home screen
Alexa Commands for Arlo Doorbells
- “Alexa, talk to front door”
- “Alexa, answer the front door”
- “Alexa, show the front door camera“
- “Alexa, hide the front door camera”
Alexa Commands for Arlo Lights
- “Alexa, turn on [light name]”
- “Alexa, turn off [light name]”
- “Alexa, set [light name] to green”
Alexa Commands for Arlo Smart Hub
Arlo smart hubs are used for connecting your network of Arlo devices. If you have the hub, you can use your voice to arm and disarm your Arlo system thanks to the addition of the Arlo PIN (source). Once armed, your Arlo devices will monitor for sound or motion and send you an alert via email or notification.
Once you have set up a PIN, the Alexa commands for your Arlo smart hub are:
- “Alexa, arm Arlo SmartHub”
- “Alexa, disarm Arlo SmartHub.”