Dyson is a global leader and innovator in home appliances, and despite founder James Dyson’s scepticism about the internet of things (source) they have started adding smart home integration to many of their newer devices.
You can now integrate Dyson smart purifiers and robotic vacuums into your smart home and control them both using just your voice thanks to Amazon’s Alexa.
In this guide, we’ll share every Alexa command to control your Dyson products with an Amazon Echo.
Controlling Dyson Fans and Air Purifiers with Alexa
All of Dysons Pure Cool and Pure Hot+Cool series of smart fans and purifiers will work with Alexa. This will allow you to set advanced routines, change the temperature or adjust the modes using voice control.
To enable the Dyson skill on your echo, simply say “Alexa, open Dyson skill” or by visiting the skills and games section within the Alexa app.
Here is a full list of Alexa commands for Dyson fans and purifiers:
- “Alexa, ask Dyson to turn the fan on/off”
- “Alexa, ask Dyson to increase/decrease the temperature”
- “Alexa, ask Dyson to turn on/off Night mode”
- “Alexa, ask Dyson to enable Auto mode”
- “Alexa, ask Dyson to set oscillation”
- “Alexa, ask Dyson to start purifying”
- “Alexa, ask Dyson for the indoor air quality.”
- “Alexa, ask Dyson to set the fan speed to X”
Controlling Dyson Robot Vacuum Cleaners with Alexa
Both the original Dyson 360 Eye and their newer model, the 360 Heurist, work with Alexa using the Dyson skill and the Dyson link app.
Here is a full list of Alexa commands for Dyson robot vacuum cleaners:
- “Alexa, ask Dyson to start cleaning.”
- “Alexa, ask Dyson to pause cleaning.”
- “Alexa, ask Dyson to turn on Quiet mode.”
- “Alexa, ask Dyson to turn on Max mode.”
- “Alexa, ask Dyson for my robot’s current status.”
We’ll keep this list up to date as the skills develop and Dyson bring on board more products.